|Project title||Energy Efficiency in Argentina|
|Expert profile||Key Expert 1, Team Leader|
|Assignment duration||600 days|
|Deadline for application||30 November|
Objectives of the project: The goal of this project is to support Argentina in its effort to shape a more sustainable, environment-friendly and efficient energy sector.
The team leader will be responsible for the overall coordination of the technical assistance and ensure effective coordination between all project components. She/he will further have to demonstrate the ability to supervise the other experts, mobilise and manage technical specialists as non-key experts for delivering the various technical tasks under the project.
The Team leader will also guarantee the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall project management and implementation, including that projects outputs and reports are appropriate, consistent, timely and of good quality.
Qualification and skills :
- University degree in engineering (industrial, mechanical, electrical, mechanical-electrical, chemical, petroleum or petrochemical) or a bachelor in Economics or similar careers, with a Master or Doctor degree in energy issues.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to communicate convincingly with a wide range of contacts, including proven strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong diplomatic skills and capacity to deal with politically sensitive issues.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong people management skills to be able to lead, coach and motivate a multi-cultural team of experts to deliver the required results.
- Knowledge of EU procedures, in particular related to service contracts.
- Good knowledge of the Argentinian energy sector context.
- Strong analytical and computer literacy skills.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills in Spanish and English.
General professional experience:
- Experience as a team leader and in managing technical assistance projects/programmes.
- Minimum 10 years of general professional experience in the energy sector.
- Experience in people and resource management.
- Overseas working experience, preferably in Latin America, will be valued.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of specific professional experience (included in the 10 years of general professional experience) in energy efficiency.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Working experience in Argentina is an asset as is knowledge of the Argentinian private sector.
- Proven experience in raising funds and investments for private sector projects, in particular energy efficiency is an asset.