|Project title||PPRD East Programme Phase 2 (PPRD East 2)|
|Location||Home based with travel to Partner Countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine )|
|Expert profile||Junior Information Technology Expert|
|Assignment duration||Up to 65 working days until end of November 2018|
|Deadline for application||Immediately|
Objectives of the project:
- Building upon the achievements of the PPRD East Programme Phase I and in particular on the Electronic Regional Risk Atlas (ERRA) and on the basis of the activities conducted so far within the PPRD East 2 Programme with regard to ERRA (and as reported previously in this document), the expert will, in close coordination with the Team Leader and the ERRA and Data & Information Non-Key Expert, contribute to the fulfilment of the subtasks defined under the Result C1 with specific attention to the full functioning and further improvement of ERRA.
Qualification and skills :
- Technical degree in IT programming. University degree (at least B. Sc. or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or any other relevant university degree is a clear advantage;
- Good operational knowledge on designing and implement ICT system for collection, storage, processing and distribution of multi risk data and maps;
- Skills in software analysis, design and programming;
- Excellent skills in technical writing;
- Fluency in English (knowledge of Russian would be an advantage).
General professional experience:
- The expert must have minimum 2 years and preferably more than 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of ICT technologies;
- At least 1 year of professional experience in designing and implementing ICT system for data sharing and civil protection software application;
- Extensive experience in defining user requirements for civil protection software applications;
- Extensive experience in coding;
- Extensive system administrator skills.
Specific professional experience
- Knowledge of UML Modelling Language;
- Knowledge Web 2.0 Application Technology;
- Proven Experience with database applications (including geospatial extensions).;
- Familiarity with data standardisation and INSPIRE directive;
- Experience in working with governmental institutions will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in the conduct of training for adult professionals.